A very intense active season is (almost) over, I’ve met so many people in several tours in Sardinia and Europe, doing a job that, after 15 years, still excites me.
It’s quite a challenge to summarize all of that on a blog page, I’ll pick among the best moments of my Sardinian tours.
- The friendly welcome of Su Gologone hotel, always a magical place. And please, don’t let me drink sooo much Nepente 😉
- The smile and helpfulness of Serena, Paola, Simona, Antonella at Aquae Sinis hotel, and the picnic at the terrace it’s a must!
- T-Hotel competence, not to mention the view over Castello quarter at sunrise…the joy of early wake up to say good bye to guests.
- That’s easy…S’Apposentu restaurant. Amazing food, perfect service, sharp timing, never an imperfection, even nice and kind people…almost annoying :))
- Cucina.eat, nice place in Cagliari, contents and beauty. Good, fresh, healthy and nice looking food, bravo!
- Riccardo Porceddu at Antica Dimora del Gruccione: move a chef from Monserrato to Santu Lussurgiu and you’ll get the coolest Jazz-chef of the island.
- The ladies at Ristorante Pedra Longa in Baunei, what a vegan menu!
- Sedilesu family in Mamoiada during grape harvest, a true celebration of a whole community.
- Mauro Contini and protection of Vernaccia, among the oldest and sacred grapes of Sardinia.
- Mr. Emidio Oggianu, with his Malvasia and wisdom : “ Mr. Emidio, cold you imagine that this guy has 174k employees?? “What an headache!”
- Lisa from Utah, that lost credit card, money and documents at airport departure, but still made her journey to here and had a great holiday. Resolute!
- Emanuela from Milano, with us the third time, and back in 2016 for “The Mediterranean Ride”. Do you love Sardinia??
- The owner and director of that famous new yorker newspaper (yes, exactly that one), happy to be in Sardinia, and I even thought him my wild-boar joke 🙂
- Angela, our shuttle driver in the north west, that bakes for us as a surprise the dilicious “panadinas”. If you want discover it just book a tour with us 🙂
- Giovanni, that recognize a guest of us from the jersey, and during a head wind day escorts him with his van for 20 km till the hotel.
- Antonello, shepherd in Mamoiada, that invites us in his home to offer us his own cheese.
- Nicola, able to find the right trek in the right place: not even a rain drop, while few kms away it’s raining cats and dogs. He rocks!
- Laura and her scenic picnics, from Montiferru to Cala Luna, of course with the right music too!
- Cristina: how to add charm to any tour.
Well…this is harder…too many choices
- Riding all the way from Montevecchio to Pula, during a hot day with headwind, yet having enough “fuel” to pull three former English marines 6,2 foot tall. Mystical experience.
- The serene magic of Meilogu area during our Randonnee last may.
- The whole Gennargentu Loop, 170 km and 3500 meters of climbing. Why was it so cool? Because I was driving the van 🙂